New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Mucus retained in cystic fibrosis patients' cells leads to potentially deadly infections
Finding could lead to treatments for cystic...
Help by adding tags...
Journal club: Azithromycin and increased mycobacterial infections in cystic fibrosis patients
- Stream Journal club: Azithromycin and increased mycobacterial infections in cystic fibrosis patients by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Cystic fibrosis discovery may lead to new treatment strategy, help patients breathe easier
- Team identifies why disease thickens mucus in lung disease, explores possible new treatmentsA team led by UC San Francisco professor of medicine John Fahy, MD, has discovered...
Research could be 'life-prolonging' for cystic fibrosis patients
- Preventing lung infections in childhood could stop later life-threatening infections for people with cystic fibrosis (CF), according to the latest research carried out at Aston University.
Garlic extract could help cystic fibrosis patients fight infection
- A chemical found in garlic can kill bacteria that cause life-threatening lung infections in people with cystic fibrosis, research suggests.
Scientists opens black box on bacterial growth in cystic fibrosis lung infection
- Researchers from the University of Copenhagen have shown for the first time how bacteria can grow directly in the lungs of Cystic fibrosis patients, giving them the opportunity to get...
Researchers identify potential drug that could help treat cystic fibrosis
- By screening over 2,000 approved drugs and natural products, scientists have shown that tannic acid may help ease the impact of bacterial lung infections in cystic fibrosis patients.