New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
After lung transplantation, CF patients require close monitoring for resistance to ganciclovir
A drug called ganciclovir is given to lung transplant patients to protect against a life-threatening virus that is common after transplantation.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
MS patients are in sustained remission after stem cell transplantation, small study finds
- Most patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) who are taking part in a small study of high dose immunosuppressive therapy followed by transplantation of their own haematopoietic st...
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Study examines outcomes of lung transplantations since implementation of need-based allocation system
- Since implementation of a medical need-based allocation system of donor lungs in 2005, double-lung transplantation has been associated with better graft survival than single-lung...
Publicly insured Americans 'have poorer lung transplantation survival' than UK patients
- A new study reveals that publicly insured US patients who undergo lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis have poorer survival than publicly insured UK patients.
Live donor liver transplantation found safe and effective for acute liver failure
- When patients develop acute liver failure, severe complications arise rapidly after the first signs of liver disease, and patients' health can deteriorate rapidly.
After lung transplantation: Go back to work and feel better
- Returning to everyday life and resuming work in one's regular occupation are common goals of transplant patients, yet not all who undergo lung transplantation can go back to work.
Transplant surgeon who fast tracked patients is found not guilty of attempted manslaughter
- An organ transplantation surgeon who allegedly manipulated data to make some patients seem sicker than they were so that they could be moved up the waiting list for donated livers has been found no...