New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Median age at death up, death rate down for Canadians with cystic fibrosis
Canadians with cystic fibrosis are living almost 20 years longer than they did two decades ago.The median survival age was 49.7 years in 2012, up from 31.9 years in 1990, Dr.
Help by adding tags...
- This podcast tutorial on cystic fibrosis gives an overview of the disease including presentation and diagnosis.
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Cystic fibrosis boy's Facebook pills video gets 650,000 hits - BBC News
- An online video of a six-year-old boy swallowing tablets for cystic fibrosis is viewed more than 650,000 times.
Unraveling cystic fibrosis puzzle, taking it personally matters
- In the genetic disorder cystic fibrosis (CF), the most severe symptoms are recurring episodes of lung inflammation and bacterial infection (known as 'exacerbations') that happen from one to...
Dramatic rise expected in adults living with cystic fibrosis
- The number of people living with cystic fibrosis into adulthood is expected to increase dramatically by 2025, prompting calls for the development of adult cystic fibrosis services to meet the...
Using positive expiratory pressure physiotherapy to clear the airways of people with cystic fibrosis | Cochrane
- We reviewed the evidence on the effect of positive expiratory pressure (PEP) physiotherapy to clear the airways of people with cystic fibrosis.
The use of intravenous antibiotics to treat pulmonary exacerbations in people with cystic fibrosis | Cochrane
- Do intravenous antibiotics (antibiotics given via a vein) given to treat 'flare ups' of lung disease (pulmonary exacerbations) in people with cystic fibrosis improve clinical outcomes in the short ...