New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Stroke survivors are 'at double the risk of attempting suicide'
People who survive strokes are reportedly twice as likely to attempt suicide than the general population, and they are most at risk during the first 2 years following a stroke.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Stenting increases stroke risk in patients with intracranial stenosis, study shows
- Intracranial stenting is associated with increased risk of stroke and transient ischaemic attack (TIA) when compared with medical therapy in patients treated for symptomatic intracranial stenosis, ...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
Ninety percent of patients at risk of CHD fail to receive statins
- New research has revealed that 90% of US patients at risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) fail to receive statins, putting a massive section of the population in danger.
Stroke Patients May Face Increased Risk of Suicide - MedicineNet
- Stroke patients are at significantly increased risk of suicide, especially during the first two years following the brain attack, a new Swedish study shows.
tPA for Stroke: Reassuring Results for Patients on Antiplatelets
- A new study representing the largest clinical experience of thrombolysis for stroke in patients receiving antiplatelet therapy suggests the overall benefits may outweigh the risks in this population.
How to identify AF patients at low stroke risk
- In a presentation at the 2015 AHA Fall Conference, Daniel E. Singer, MD, spoke about identifying patients with an increased bleeding risk with the long-term use of oral anticoagulants and whether o...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...