New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Researchers solve science behind scalp cooling and the reasons for hair loss in cancer treatment
Hair loss is one of the most distressing side-effects of cancer treatment and can even deter some patients from undergoing life-saving chemotherapy.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Chemotherapy near the end of life
- Even as cancer treatments become more effective, we can still wonder about the symbolic meaning behind decisions to pursue chemotherapy near the end of life. Although most patients with metastatic ...
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...
Blood test can help some bowel cancer patients avoid unnecessary drug side-effects
- Manchester researchers have provided early evidence to suggest that a blood test could be used to identify bowel cancer patients that may benefit from more intensive chemotherapy.
Tumor-only genetic sequencing may misguide cancer treatment in nearly half of all patients
- A study by Johns Hopkins scientists strongly suggests that sequencing tumor genomes for clues to genetic changes might misdirect treatment in nearly half of all patients unless it is compared...
Chemotherapy does not improve quality of life in cancer patients at end of life, US study finds
- Chemotherapy for patients with end stage cancer did not improve quality of life in those with poor or moderate performance status and worsened it in those with good performance status, US researche...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.