New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Ebola 'no deadlier than it was 40 years ago'
Despite the current Ebola outbreak posing the highest number of deaths from the disease to date, researchers say the Ebola virus has not become any deadlier since its discovery.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
New autism-causing genetic variant identified
- Using a novel approach that homes in on rare families severely affected by autism, a Johns Hopkins-led team of researchers has identified a new genetic cause of the disease.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
New tool to diagnose Ebola uncovers some surprises
- Abdominal pain, fever and unexplained bleeding - which are commonly believed to indicate infection with the Ebola virus -- are not significantly predictive of the disease, according to the...
Successful new treatment discovered for Mal de Debarquement Syndrome
- People who suffer from a rare illness, the Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (MdDS), now have a chance for full recovery thanks to treatment developed by researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine...
A step towards detecting and targeting the pre-leukemic stem cell
- Cancer researchers led by stem cell scientist Dr. John Dick have discovered a pre-leukemic stem cell that may be the first step in initiating disease and also the culprit that evades therapy and...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…