New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Neuron groups, not single cells, maintain brain stability
Tel Aviv University researchers find neural networks preserve memories better than individual neuronsTo compensate for erratic shifts and spikes in its neuronal...
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Study identifies part of brain key to controlling attention
- For the first time, researchers have convincingly identified an ensemble of neurons in the brain that is crucial to focusing attention and ignoring distractions.
- Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)
Understanding how neurons shape memories of smells
- Discovery has implications for understanding epilepsyIn a study that helps to deconstruct how olfaction is encoded in the brain, neuroscientists at University of...
Montréal scientists get 1 step closer to finding how to repair damaged nerve cells
- IRCM researchers discover a new kind of synergy in the development of the nervous systemA team of researchers at the IRCM led by Frédéric Charron, PhD, in...
Scientists have built artificial neurons that fully mimic human brain cells
- They could supplement our brain function.
MIT discovers the location of memories: Individual neurons | ExtremeTech
- y triggering a single neuron, the researchers were able to force the subject to recall a specific memory. By removing ...
Acute back pain Presentation
- An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.