New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Epilepsy drug shows promise for reducing stroke-induced brain damage
A drug FDA-approved for treating epilepsy - retigabine - may also be effective for reducing brain damage following ischemic stroke, according to a new study.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Brain Attack--Controversies in acute stroke management
- <p>Treating acute stroke beyond the 3 hour window.</p <p>A discussion of the history of thrombolytics in acute stroke, current literature and an interview with Providence Stroke Center director D...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...