New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Relief for fibromyalgia patients offered by vibration exercise
A pilot study by Indiana University researchers found that whole-body vibration exercise may reduce pain symptoms and improve aspects of quality of life in individuals diagnosed with...
Help by adding tags...
Painkiller reduces hypersensitivity to pain in patients with fibromyalgia
- Patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia complain of chronic pain throughout their bodies, but often doctors have difficulty detecting what causes the pain, and therefore, how to treat it.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Study finds evidence of nerve damage in around half of fibromyalgia patients
- About half of a small group of patients with fibromyalgia - a common syndrome that causes chronic pain and other symptoms - was found to have damage to nerve fibers in their skin and other...
In People With Fibromyalgia, Pain Is Not Worsened By Regular, Moderate Exercise
- For many people who have fibromyalgia, even the thought of exercising is painful.
Men With Fibromyalgia Often Go Undiagnosed, Mayo Clinic Study Suggests
- Fibromyalgia is a complex illness to diagnose and to treat. There is not yet a diagnostic test to establish that someone has it, there is no cure and many fibromyalgia symptoms - pain...
Doctors Aren't Doing Enough to Get Patients to Exercise
- Orthopedists get paid for fixing problems, not preventing them, a noted sports medicine doctor observes. But motivating patients to take control of their fitness is the most important part of the job.
Three Types of Interventions in Patients with Fibromyalgia
- Find out more about the complexity of reducing chronic pain and increasing the quality of life of people with fibromyalgia.