New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue reduced by vitamin D supplementation
Patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) typically have widespread chronic pain and fatigue.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
GPs should prescribe Vitamin D to treat chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Some patients with chronic pain could be better served by a standardized approach by GPs prescribing vitamin D supplements.
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
Fibromyalgia linked to decreased brain connectivity
- The causes of fibromyalgia are unknown. Now a new study finds people with the chronic pain condition have decreased connectivity between pain regions and other parts of the brain.
Painkiller reduces hypersensitivity to pain in patients with fibromyalgia
- Patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia complain of chronic pain throughout their bodies, but often doctors have difficulty detecting what causes the pain, and therefore, how to treat it.
Poor sleep tied to widespread pain and fibromyalgia
- New study finds that of a number of factors, non-restorative sleep was the most strongly linked to development of widespread pain or fibromyalgia in older adults.
Rational Biological Source Of Pain Found In The Skin Of Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., is not imaginary after all, as some doctors have believed.
Weather Conditions Do Not Affect Fibromyalgia Pain Or Fatigue
- Individual Patients May Experience Some Weather SensitivityDutch researchers report that weather conditions including temperature, sunshine, and precipitation have no impact on...