New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pleasure and pain brain signals disrupted in fibromyalgia patients
New research indicates that a disruption of brain signals for reward and punishment contributes to increased pain sensitivity, known as hyperalgesia, in fibromyalgia patients.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Hypersensitivity to non-painful events may be part of pathology in fibromyalgia
- New research shows that patients with fibromyalgia have hypersensitivity to non-painful events based on images of the patients' brains, which show reduced activation in primary sensory regions...
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Painkiller reduces hypersensitivity to pain in patients with fibromyalgia
- Patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia complain of chronic pain throughout their bodies, but often doctors have difficulty detecting what causes the pain, and therefore, how to treat it.
Poor sleep tied to widespread pain and fibromyalgia
- New study finds that of a number of factors, non-restorative sleep was the most strongly linked to development of widespread pain or fibromyalgia in older adults.
Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue reduced by vitamin D supplementation
- Patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) typically have widespread chronic pain and fatigue.
Rational Biological Source Of Pain Found In The Skin Of Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., is not imaginary after all, as some doctors have believed.
Weather Conditions Do Not Affect Fibromyalgia Pain Or Fatigue
- Individual Patients May Experience Some Weather SensitivityDutch researchers report that weather conditions including temperature, sunshine, and precipitation have no impact on...