New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Rational Biological Source Of Pain Found In The Skin Of Patients With Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., is not imaginary after all, as some doctors have believed.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Study: Hip replacement an excellent option to relieve pain in juvenile arthritis patients
- Implant lasts at least 10 years in 85 percent of patientsHip replacement is often performed in patients with juvenile arthritis when their joints have been severely...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Painkiller reduces hypersensitivity to pain in patients with fibromyalgia
- Patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia complain of chronic pain throughout their bodies, but often doctors have difficulty detecting what causes the pain, and therefore, how to treat it.
Poor sleep tied to widespread pain and fibromyalgia
- New study finds that of a number of factors, non-restorative sleep was the most strongly linked to development of widespread pain or fibromyalgia in older adults.
Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue reduced by vitamin D supplementation
- Patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) typically have widespread chronic pain and fatigue.
Pleasure and pain brain signals disrupted in fibromyalgia patients
- New research indicates that a disruption of brain signals for reward and punishment contributes to increased pain sensitivity, known as hyperalgesia, in fibromyalgia patients.
In People With Fibromyalgia, Pain Is Not Worsened By Regular, Moderate Exercise
- For many people who have fibromyalgia, even the thought of exercising is painful.