New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
New genetic clues emerge on origin of Hirschsprung's disease
Rare disorder can spring from common mutations that affect nerve developmentGenetic studies in humans, zebrafish and mice have revealed how two different types of...
Help by adding tags...
Faecal Incontinence in Late Diagnosed Hirschsprung's Disease
- This is a text article in which I have looked at the literature relating the age at operation with the post-operative complication of Faecal Incontinence. The reason for this was that I was involve...
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Why is Hirschsprung's disease associated with a contracted aganglionic segment rather than relaxed dilated?
- My understanding of Hirschsprung's disease is as follows. It occurs in the aganglionic region of the sigmoid colon. It causes an increase in acetylcholinesterase activity in the parasympathetic n...
Mutation causes mice to behave as if they have an eating disorder
- A genetic mutation associated with an increased risk of developing eating disorders in humans has now been found to cause several behavioral abnormalities in mice that are similar to those...
BPA exposure affects fertility in next 3 generations of mice
- When scientists exposed pregnant mice to levels of bisphenol A equivalent to those considered safe in humans, three generations of female mouse offspring experienced significant reproductive...
Barium enema in a Hirschsprung's disease
- Prepare for USMLE,UK,CANADIAN,AUSTRALIAN, NURSING & OTHER MEDICAL BOARD examinations around the globe with us.Understand the basics, concepts and how to answ...