New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Nighttime gout attack risk more than two times higher than in the daytime
Novel research reveals that the risk of acute gout attacks is more than two times higher during the night or early morning hours than it is in the daytime.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- SImple, to-the-point 10 minute powerpoint overview of gout. Discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, investigations, diagnosis, differentials and management.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Gout drug may reduce risk of death
- In a recently to be published study in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, researchers have found the use of the drug allopurinol was associated with a reduced risk of death in...
UK rates of gout soaring, but treatment remains poor
- UK rates of gout have soared since the late1990s, with one in every 40 people now affected by the condition - the highest in Europe - but treatment remains as poor now as it was then, reveals...
Risk of heart attack and stroke doubles for patients with gout
- New research published in Rheumatology journal has found that having gout doubles the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Genetic Insight Into 'Disease Of Kings' Offered By Gout Study
- Scientists have shed light on why some people are more susceptible to gout than others.
Allopurinol May Cut MI Risk in Gout Patients
- Reduction of 20% in myocardial infarction risk; randomized trials are now warranted.