New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Gout drug may reduce risk of death
In a recently to be published study in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, researchers have found the use of the drug allopurinol was associated with a reduced risk of death in...
Help by adding tags...
Nighttime gout attack risk more than two times higher than in the daytime
- Novel research reveals that the risk of acute gout attacks is more than two times higher during the night or early morning hours than it is in the daytime.
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
Risk of heart attack and stroke doubles for patients with gout
- New research published in Rheumatology journal has found that having gout doubles the risk of heart attack and stroke.
In Gout Flare-Ups, The Big Toe Isn't The Biggest Culprit - Other Joints Tied To Higher Risk
- The painful rheumatic condition gout is often associated with the big toe, but it turns out that patients at highest risk of further flare-ups are those whose gout first involved other joints...
UL Medical School Researchers Find Increased Death Risk In Patients Suffering From Gout And Elevated Uric Acid Levels
- A new study led by researchers at the Graduate Entry Medical School (GEMS), University of Limerick (UL) has found that people suffering from gout and elevated serum uric acid have...
Eating Cherries Lowers Your Gout Attack Risk
- Eating cherries over a two-day period reduced the risk of gout attacks by 35%, according to a new study led by Boston University (BU) in the US that is being published in the journal...
BUSM Study Finds Gout And Hyperuricemia On The Rise In The U.S.
- Researchers from Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) have found that the incidence of gout and hyperuricemia (high uric acid levels) in the U.S.