New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Risk of heart attack and stroke doubles for patients with gout
New research published in Rheumatology journal has found that having gout doubles the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Help by adding tags...
Nighttime gout attack risk more than two times higher than in the daytime
- Novel research reveals that the risk of acute gout attacks is more than two times higher during the night or early morning hours than it is in the daytime.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Vitamin C Does Not Lower Uric Acid Levels In Gout Patients
- Despite previous studies touting its benefit in moderating gout risk, new research reveals that vitamin C, also known ascorbic acid, does not reduce uric acid (urate) levels to a clinically...
Scans for clinic patients may cut heart attack risk, study finds
- Routine heart scans for patients referred to cardiac clinics with chest pain could reduce heart attack rates, research suggests.
Allopurinol May Cut MI Risk in Gout Patients
- Reduction of 20% in myocardial infarction risk; randomized trials are now warranted.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...