New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Genetic Insight Into 'Disease Of Kings' Offered By Gout Study
Scientists have shed light on why some people are more susceptible to gout than others.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- SImple, to-the-point 10 minute powerpoint overview of gout. Discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, investigations, diagnosis, differentials and management.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Rheumatoid vs. osteoarthritis
- A comparison of the disease processes of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
What is the disease that decreases pre-existing rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the disease that decreases pre-existing rheumatoid arthritis?
Nighttime gout attack risk more than two times higher than in the daytime
- Novel research reveals that the risk of acute gout attacks is more than two times higher during the night or early morning hours than it is in the daytime.
UK rates of gout soaring, but treatment remains poor
- UK rates of gout have soared since the late1990s, with one in every 40 people now affected by the condition - the highest in Europe - but treatment remains as poor now as it was then, reveals...
Shedding Light On Gout: Repair Of Protein Pump Possible
- Johns Hopkins scientists have found out how a gout-linked genetic mutation contributes to the disease: by causing a breakdown in a cellular pump that clears an acidic waste product from the...