New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Aging Overweight Males At Increased Risk For Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis
Refuting a belief long held by many physicians, a Mayo Clinic study found that rheumatoid arthritis patients also can get gout.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Gout | Doctor | Patient
- Gout can be defined as arthritis due to deposition of monosodium urate (MSU) monohydrate crystals within joints causing acute inflammation and eventual...
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. JIA information | Patient
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis can be known as Still's disease, juvenile arthritis, juvenile chronic arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. More about Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)
Gout drug may reduce risk of death
- In a recently to be published study in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, researchers have found the use of the drug allopurinol was associated with a reduced risk of death in...
In Gout Flare-Ups, The Big Toe Isn't The Biggest Culprit - Other Joints Tied To Higher Risk
- The painful rheumatic condition gout is often associated with the big toe, but it turns out that patients at highest risk of further flare-ups are those whose gout first involved other joints...
Allopurinol May Cut MI Risk in Gout Patients
- Reduction of 20% in myocardial infarction risk; randomized trials are now warranted.
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...