New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Child abuse linked to increased risk of migraine in adulthood
Adults who are emotionally abused during childhood may be at much higher risk of experiencing migraine over tension headache in adulthood, a new study finds.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- To distinguish from a TIA: - TIA’s have sudden onset, with maximum deficits immediately. Headache is rare. In migraine, the deficits may occur gradually, and almost always accompanied by headache. ...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Omega 3 supplements do not reduce cardiovascular risk in elderly
- Commentators have said that more trials on the effects of omega 3 fatty acid supplements “seem unjustified” after another study found that their use was not associated with a reduced risk of cardio...
Shorter adult height is linked to raised risk of coronary artery disease, study shows
- Genetically determined shorter adult height is associated with significantly increased risk of coronary artery disease, shows a large UK study that suggests the finding is due to a link between sho...
Migraine linked to increased risk of Bell's palsy
- People with migraine may be twice as likely to develop Bell's palsy - a form of facial paralysis - than those who do not have migraine, according to new research.
Time to consider the risks of caesarean delivery for long term child health
- Jan Blustein and Jianmeng Liu examine the evidence linking caesarean delivery with childhood chronic disease and say that guidelines on delivery should be reviewed with these risks in mind