New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Symptom relief following non-endoscopic migraine surgery
A revised version of a surgical procedure to treat severe chronic migraine headaches led to significant symptom relief more than 90 percent of the time in patients treated at Massachusetts...
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Routine use of sedatives before surgery has little benefit, study shows
- Routinely giving a sedative before elective surgery under general anaesthetic does not improve the patient’s experience and is associated with a longer extubation time and a lower rate of early cog...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Physical therapy as effective as surgery for lumber spinal stenosis
- Patients with lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) who followed an evidence-based, standardized physical therapy (PT) regimen achieved similar symptom relief and improvements in physical functioning as...
Tiny Surgical Tool to Help With Transnasal Endoscopic Brain Surgery (VIDEOS) |
- Endoscopic surgical procedures have made a huge difference in helping to treat sites that would otherwise require considerably more invasive approaches. Ye
Cataract Surgery: Are All Those Tests Really Necessary?
- Routine preoperative testing for cataract surgery doesn't improve outcomes, but are patients being tested anyway?
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...