New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Synthetic oil drug may bring promise for Huntington's disease
An early study suggests that a synthetic triglyceride oil called triheptanoin may provide hope for people with Huntington's disease.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- Huntington’s disease – HD - (aka Huntington’s chorea, named after George Huntington ) is an autosomal dominant disorder that shows full penetrance. Treatment is supportive only Epidemiology...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
Huntington's Disease - The Naked Scientists
- Naked Scientists - 21st Apr 2014 - Huntington's Disease
Study finds major vascular anomalies in the brains of people with Huntington's disease
- An international study led by researchers from Université Laval and CHU de Québec-Université Laval has identified significant vascular changes in the brains of people with Huntington's...
Genetic discovery may help determine effectiveness of Huntington's disease treatments
- A new genetic discovery in the field of Huntington's disease (HD) could mean a more effective way in determining severity of this neurological disease when using specific treatments.
Potential treatment for Huntington's disease suggested by animal study
- By adjusting the levels of a key signaling protein, researchers improved motor function and brain abnormalities in experimental animals with a form of Huntington's disease, a severe...
Major factor in development of Huntington's disease uncovered
- Scientists from the Florida campus of The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have uncovered a major contributor to Huntington's disease, a devastating progressive neurological condition that...