New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Obesity may not reliably predict atherosclerosis in Mexican-Americans
Blood sugar, insulin resistance and blood pressure may be more reliable indicators of atherosclerosis among Mexican-Americans than obesity, finds a new study.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
A study relates the level of pollutants accumulated in the body with obesity levels
- A team of Spanish scientists proves that subjects who present higher levels of persistent organic pollutants in their organism also suffer from higher cholesterol and triglycerides...
Bacteria Mind Map
Low Testosterone not just in males: Testosterone, atherosclerosis and obesity may be linked in females
- New research in The FASEB Journal suggests that the androgen receptor confers protection against diet-induced atherosclerosis, obesity and dyslipidemia in female...
GPs need support to lift their obesity game
- General practitioners are not routinely documenting obesity indicators such as Body Mass Index and Waist Circumference, lessening the potential positive effect they could have on healthy...
3 Real Contributors to the Obesity Epidemic
- We're in the midst of an obesity epidemic that is contributing to chronic disea...
Recent advances in clinical practice challenges and opportunities in the management of obesity
- Stream Recent advances in clinical practice challenges and opportunities in the management of obesity by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!