New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Defective gene could suggest a genetic basis for IBS
Diet, past trauma, infection and anxiety have variously been described as the cause of IBS. Now, researchers claim to have unearthed a clue to a genetic basis for this condition.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Some Gene Mutations May Be Treatable With Diet
- Scientists have moved a step closer to correcting some unhealthy gene mutations with diet, according to a new research report appearing in the April 2012 issue of the journal GENETICS.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
Learning to talk is in the genes
- Researchers have found evidence that genetic factors may contribute to the development of language during infancy.
Genes May Leave Short People Prone to Heart Disease
- Researchers suggest a link between stature and cardiovascular risk
Link Between Heart Disease And Height Hidden In Our Genes
- Doctors long ago noticed that, beyond the usual influences of diet and smoking, short people seem to get heart disease more often than tall people. But why?
Finding the cause of IBD - genes, bugs or diet?
- Stream Finding the cause of IBD - genes, bugs or diet? by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device
MI-GENES: Disclosing Genetic Risk for CHD May Lower LDL-C Levels
- "This is reaching toward the holy grail of cardiology" of how to better estimate risks to prevent cardiac events, said the researchers. "We're moving toward a very personalized disease assessment."