New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Neurosurgeons avoid brain surgery, conduct unnecessary tests 'out of lawsuit fear'
The results of a new survey find that neurosurgeons operate in a climate of fear from potential malpractice suits, with 80% admitting to practicing defensive medicine
Help by adding tags...
Man plays guitar during brain surgery to treat Parkinson's
- In a medical first, a patient has played the guitar while undergoing brain surgery in the US.
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Beneficial effects of surgery for epilepsy are sustained for more than 15 years
- Brain surgery for otherwise hard-to-treat epilepsy is effective for up to 15 years, according to a new survey by Henry Ford Hospital physicians.
Tiny Surgical Tool to Help With Transnasal Endoscopic Brain Surgery (VIDEOS) |
- Endoscopic surgical procedures have made a huge difference in helping to treat sites that would otherwise require considerably more invasive approaches. Ye
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...