New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Gut microbes trigger autoimmune disease later in life in mice
Researchers have revealed that the colonization of the gut of young mice by certain types of bacteria can lead to immune responses later in life that are linked to disease.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Breastfeeding may influence immune system development in early life
- In a series of studies, researchers identify a number of factors - such as breastfeeding - that may influence a baby's gut bacteria composition and their likelihood of allergies.
- Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!