New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Epigenomic changes play an important role during the progression of melanoma
KU Leuven researchers have zeroed in on what makes cancer cells in melanoma so aggressive. They also succeeded in taming the effect in cell cultures.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Small RNA plays big role suppressing cancer
- The micro RNA miR-22 has long been known for its ability to suppress cancer. However, questions remain about how it achieves this feat.
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Melanoma's 'safe haven' targeted for shut-down
- Melanoma cells become drug resistant by using surrounding healthy cells to provide a 'safe haven' from treatment, according to new research published in Cancer Cell.
UCLA researchers combine benefits of immunotherapy and cancer-targeted treatment in triple combo drug for melanoma
- Results of a new study by UCLA researchers has found that a new triple combination drug therapy shows promising signs of more effectively controlling advanced melanoma than previous BRAF + MEK...
Macrophages may play critical role in melanoma resistance to BRAF inhibitors
- With targeted therapies no longer viewed as a 'magic bullet' for cancer treatment, this study suggests that macrophages could be a new therapeutic target for patients with...
Immunotherapy Combo for Melanoma Approved by FDA
- This is the first FDA approval of an immunotherapy combination for a cancer.