New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
1,000-year-old potion shows promise against MRSA
A 10th century potion from a manuscript of one of the earliest known medical textbooks has proved effective against the superbug MRSA, according to UK researchers.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
MRSA colonisation - Treatment
- Is it policy in UK hospitals to screen for MRSA with random swabs for all new patients? If found, what is the treatment to clear colonisation? Does Treatment have a good success rate? Also, in...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
Cigarette smoke makes superbugs more aggressive
- In lab and mouse experiments, cigarette smoke helps drug-resistant bacteria fight off the immune systemMethicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), an...
Telescopic contact lens shows promise for AMD
- Researchers are developing a telescopic contact lens and glasses duo that lets wearers choose to see things either at normal or nearly three times normal size.
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...