New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Bioelectricity plays key role in brain development and repair
More than on/off switch, electric signals tell cells where and how to growResearch reported by Tufts University biologists shows for the first time that bioelectrical...
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Our ageing population: what role will you play?
- An ageing population can bring problems, but also rewarding opportunities for students to make a difference
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Neuron groups, not single cells, maintain brain stability
- Tel Aviv University researchers find neural networks preserve memories better than individual neuronsTo compensate for erratic shifts and spikes in its neuronal...
Enzyme identified that plays crucial role in resistance to flu
- McGill researchers, led by Dr. Maya Saleh of the Department of Medicine, have identified an enzyme, cIAP2 that helps the lungs protect themselves from the flu by giving them the ability to...
Premature Babies Have Weaker Brain Connectivity
- Alterations in brain connectivity in the developing brain may play a key role in neuropsychiatric disorders and motor impairments associated with preterm birth.
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...