New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Scientists develop active substance for fatal muscle wasting in male children
Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a congenital disease which causes muscle degeneration and eventual death in teenagers.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
The Abdominal Wall - Muscles of the Trunk
- A slideshow on The Abdominal Wall - Muscles of the Trunk
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Muscles and Tendons of the Forearm pt 1
- Muscles and Tendons of the Forearm pt 1
ANATOMY; MYOLOGY; PART 1; CHARACTERISTICS OF MUSCLES by Professor Fink
- In Myology; Part 1, Professor Fink describes Skeletal Muscles, including their characteristics, functions, attachments (origin & insertion), layers of fascia...
Stronger muscles make for healthier bone development
- Scientists at the University of Southampton have shown that higher muscle mass is strongly linked with healthier bone development in children.
Efforts needed to standardize criteria for age-related muscle loss
- The term 'sarcopenia' is most often used to describe age-related loss in muscle mass and strength, and it is commonly considered analogous to osteoporosis.
Physiology of Muscles