New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
'Gold standard' for pain relief after shoulder surgery may not be 24 karat
Single-shot nerve block provided pain relief for significantly shorter than 24 hoursAround 10,000 patients undergo shoulder surgery in Ontario every year and most go...
Help by adding tags...
Study: Phone counseling reduces pain, disability after back surgery
- Research by Johns Hopkins scientists suggests that having a short series of phone conversations with trained counselors can substantially boost recovery and reduce pain in patients after spinal...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Diagnose on Sight: 6 year old with elbow pain
- Diagnose on Sight: 6 year old with elbow pain with a supracondylar fracture
Music 'reduces pain and anxiety' for surgery patients - BBC News
- Listening to music before, during and after an operation can help reduce pain, scientists who have conducted a large review of studies say.
Can music relieve the pain of surgery and help recovery? - BBC News
- New research suggests playing music during operations can have a positive effect on both surgeons and those they treat - even for patients under general anaesthetic.
Pain control using local anaesthetics to improve surgical results after shoulder, hip and knee replacement surgery | Cochrane
- Doctors can use regional analgesia (injection of local anaesthetics near the nerves or the surgical site) rather than conventional pain control after surgery. Does this choice improve long-term fun...
Sub-Tenon's anaesthesia versus topical anaesthesia for pain control and better operating conditions for cataract surgery | Cochrane
- Cataract is the most common cause of low vision and blindness; it is usually due to the normal ageing process but may be found in younger people. Cataract occurs as loss of the natural clearness of...