New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
After lung transplantation: Go back to work and feel better
Returning to everyday life and resuming work in one's regular occupation are common goals of transplant patients, yet not all who undergo lung transplantation can go back to work.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Publicly insured Americans 'have poorer lung transplantation survival' than UK patients
- A new study reveals that publicly insured US patients who undergo lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis have poorer survival than publicly insured UK patients.
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
After lung transplantation, CF patients require close monitoring for resistance to ganciclovir
- A drug called ganciclovir is given to lung transplant patients to protect against a life-threatening virus that is common after transplantation.
Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS) - Nebraska Medicine
- Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS) is also known as Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO). A machine is used to take over the work of the patient's hear...
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!