New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Protecting heart surgery patients' kidney health with high-dose statin
Acute kidney injury often arises after major surgery because the kidneys can be deprived of normal blood flow during the procedure.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Acute Kidney Injury AKI Acute kidney failure, renal failure. Patient | Patient
- acute renal failure' (ARF); Acute kidney injury (AKI) or acute kidney failure information available. Treat acute kidney injury AKI and problems with kidney functions and renal issues
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
ACL surgery may significantly improve physical health and function for at least six years in younger patients
- Outcomes best for active patients with lower body mass indexA new study appearing in the April issue of The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS), found that...
What to do with kidneys from older deceased donors?
- A new study highlights the best way to use kidneys from older deceased donors, providing the most benefits to patients and addressing the worsening organ shortage.
Blood flow conditioning reduces kidney injury in high risk cardiac surgery patients
- Remote ischaemic preconditioning, which involves alternately inflating and deflating a blood pressure cuff around a limb to restrict and restore blood flow, reduces kidney injury and the need for d...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...