New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Innovative strategies needed to address the US transplant organ shortage
As the United States faces transplant waiting lists that continue to grow longer over time, there is increasing debate about the proper way to incentivize living donations.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Penis transplant surgeon, André van der Merwe, becomes medical superstar
- Doctor who performed first successful penis transplant inundated with requests from around the world to share his expertise
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Ophthalmologists uncover autoimmune process that causes rejection of secondary corneal transplants
- UT Southwestern Medical Center ophthalmologists have identified an important cause of why secondary corneal transplants are rejected at triple the rate of first-time corneal transplants.
Transplant surgeon who fast tracked patients is found not guilty of attempted manslaughter
- An organ transplantation surgeon who allegedly manipulated data to make some patients seem sicker than they were so that they could be moved up the waiting list for donated livers has been found no...
Cook Medical's Zenith Alpha Thoracic Endovascular Graft OK'ed in U.S. |
- Cook Medical received approval to introduce the Zenith Alpha thoracic endovascular graft in the United States, a device used to treat isolated lesions with
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...