New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Study debunks common misconception that urine is sterile
Bacteria have been discovered in the bladders of healthy women, discrediting the common belief that normal urine is sterile.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Study suggests altering gut bacteria might mitigate lupus
- Lactobacillus species, commonly seen in yogurt cultures, correlate, in the guts of mouse models, with mitigation of lupus symptoms, while Lachnospiraceae, a type of Clostridia, correlate with...
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
- – Janeway lesions – painless, red macule/patch, palms/soles, culture bacteria from the lesion, embolic manifestation of endocarditis
Antibiotic treatment for asymptomatic bacteriuria | Cochrane
- Growth of bacteria in the urine without any complaints (asymptomatic bacteriuria) is commonly detected in women up to 60 years, people with diabetes and in the elderly. It is not clear whether anti...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
- Spectrum of antimicrobials