New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
CBT to treat veterans' insomnia 'also reduced suicidal thoughts'
Previous studies have found that soldiers with sleeping problems are at risk for depression. Now, research shows treating insomnia reduces suicidal ideation among veterans.
Help by adding tags...
Black heart failure patients endangered further by depression
- A new study has found that symptoms of depression in African-American heart failure patients could increase their risk of being hospitalized or dying.
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Ninety percent of patients at risk of CHD fail to receive statins
- New research has revealed that 90% of US patients at risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) fail to receive statins, putting a massive section of the population in danger.
Scans for clinic patients may cut heart attack risk, study finds
- Routine heart scans for patients referred to cardiac clinics with chest pain could reduce heart attack rates, research suggests.
Middle-Aged Women With Restless Legs Syndrome At Increased Risk Of High Blood Pressure
- If you're a middle-aged woman with Restless Legs Syndrome, you may have a higher risk of developing high blood pressure, according to new research reported in Hypertension: Journal of the...
Study of veterans finds family support during deployment reduces suicidal thoughts
- Family support during deployment is an important protective factor against post-deployment suicidal ideation according to a new study in the journal Anxiety, Stress and Coping.
Study finds short-term psychological therapy reduces suicide attempts in at-risk soldiers
- Short-term cognitive behavioral therapy dramatically reduces suicide attempts among at-risk military personnel, according to findings from a research study that included investigators from The...