New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Massive Transfusion in trauma resus
Trauma resuscitation of the critically ill hemorrhagic shock patient. The concept of bare minimum normotension and massive transfusion
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Traumatic Shock and Fluid Resuscitation
- Fluid resuscitation done poorly can result in significant complications to the patient. This episode will present some of the newer considerations in fluid resuscitation in traumatic shock.&n...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Burns: Fluid Creep
- <p>Excessive fluid resuscitations lead to horrible complications such as abdominal compartment syndrome. This article takes a critical look and challanges many of our practices in fluid resuscitati...
Managing the pregnant trauma patient
- One of the patients seriously injured in a multi-vehicle pile up is pregnant. What are the implications for trauma management?
Modern management of splenic trauma
- Initial resuscitation, diagnostic evaluation, and management of the trauma patient is based on protocols from Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Resuscitation of the Hemorrhagic Shock Patient in Trauma
- This week we discuss the resuscitation of the hemorrhagic shock patient with Dr. Richard Dutton, MD. Rick was director of trauma anesthesia at the Shock Trauma Center when I trained there. He is an...
Trauma resuscitation of the critically ill hemorrhagic shock patient
- Trauma resuscitation of the critically ill hemorrhagic shock patient