New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Mesenteric Ischemia & Pancreatitis
4 diagnoses comprise Mesenteric Ischemia, value of serum lactate, difficult post-ERCP abdominal pain patient, Pancreatitis BISAP score, amylase vs lipase
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Ascites/Retroperitoneal fluid build up in Acute Pancreatitis. Why?
- Ascites/Retroperitoneal fluid build up in Acute Pancreatitis - why does this happen :/
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Make the Diagnosis: Abdominal pain, racing heart
- <p><b>Case Study:</b> A patient presents to the emergency department with severe abdominal pain, tachycardia, and an elevated serum lactate level. At laparotomy, a segment of ischemic bowel is discov
- Although the prognostic value of persistent hyperlactatemia in septic shock is unequivocal, its physiological determinants are controversial. Particularly, the role of impaired hepatic clearance ha...
Non-invasive imaging in pancreatitis
- Ultrasound is indicated in the first 24 hours, mainly to identify gallstones as the cause of pancreatitis rather than to contribute to the diagnosis
- All patients with acute pancreatitis should have liver function tests and abdominal ultrasonography within 24 hours of admission to look for gallstones
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more