New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Vitamin supplements can increase risk of cancer and heart disease
Researchers reviewing trials involving thousands of patients say taking extra vitamins and minerals does more harm than good
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Researcher warns of increased cancer risk with excess supplement use
- Though dietary supplements can offer health benefits, one researcher warns that excess use of these supplements may raise the risk of cancer.
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more
Cancer patients want more information about medical imaging risk
- A substantial gap exists between patient expectations and current practices for providing information about medical imaging tests that use radiation, according to a new study published online in...
Taking too many vitamins 'increases risk of heart disease and cancer'
- Exceeding the recommended daily amount of vitamins is actually harmful to health, said Dr Tim Bryers, of the University of Colorado Cancer Centre.
New study shows aspirin use can cut the risk of some kinds of cancer
- Aspirin is known to help reduce the risk of heart disease, but now a new study says long-term, regular aspirin use can substantially cut the risk of some kinds of cancer. New York Presbyterian-Weil...
Risk of Cancer in Patients Infected With HBV
- What cancer types are patients with hepatitis B most susceptible to, and what are the reasons?
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...