New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Nanotherapy for heart attacks and strokes - nanotechweb.org
Nanoparticles loaded with a cholesterol-lowering drug reduce inflammation in atherosclerotic plaques.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
New cholesterol-lowering drug 'could halve risk of heart attack, stroke'
- A study reveals how a new drug called evolocumab reduced LDL cholesterol in patients by more than 60% and more than halved their risk of cardiovascular events, such as stroke.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Long-term statins to prevent a first heart attack? Experts issue tips on making the decision
- The question of whether to use statins before a heart attack or stroke, as opposed to secondary prevention following an event, gets help from expert cardiologists.
HeartWare slides on stroke results from heart pump studies – MassDevice
- Spooked by higher-than-expected stoke rates from a pair of clinical studies reported this week, investors sent HeartWare International (NSDQ:HTWR) share prices down more than 8%.
Pouch in Heart May Trigger Unexplained Strokes: Study - MedicineNet
- A pouch-like structure in the heart may be the source of some strokes that have no other known cause, a new study suggests.
Pouch in Heart May Trigger Unexplained Strokes: Study
- Researchers suspect it may allow clots to form, then travel to the brain
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...