New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Stroke Patients May Face Increased Risk of Suicide - MedicineNet
Stroke patients are at significantly increased risk of suicide, especially during the first two years following the brain attack, a new Swedish study shows.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Stenting increases stroke risk in patients with intracranial stenosis, study shows
- Intracranial stenting is associated with increased risk of stroke and transient ischaemic attack (TIA) when compared with medical therapy in patients treated for symptomatic intracranial stenosis, ...
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!
Stroke survivors are 'at double the risk of attempting suicide'
- People who survive strokes are reportedly twice as likely to attempt suicide than the general population, and they are most at risk during the first 2 years following a stroke.
'Clot-busting' drug could be used more widely for stroke patients, study suggests
- There are concerns that for some patients, the clot-busting drug alteplase may increase the risk of a brain bleed. However, a new study claims it is safer than previously believed.
How to identify AF patients at low stroke risk
- In a presentation at the 2015 AHA Fall Conference, Daniel E. Singer, MD, spoke about identifying patients with an increased bleeding risk with the long-term use of oral anticoagulants and whether o...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...