New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pouch in Heart May Trigger Unexplained Strokes: Study
Researchers suspect it may allow clots to form, then travel to the brain
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Long-term statins to prevent a first heart attack? Experts issue tips on making the decision
- The question of whether to use statins before a heart attack or stroke, as opposed to secondary prevention following an event, gets help from expert cardiologists.
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Nanotherapy for heart attacks and strokes - nanotechweb.org
- Nanoparticles loaded with a cholesterol-lowering drug reduce inflammation in atherosclerotic plaques.
Pouch in Heart May Trigger Unexplained Strokes: Study - MedicineNet
- A pouch-like structure in the heart may be the source of some strokes that have no other known cause, a new study suggests.
Stroke Rounds: Tenecteplase, DNRs, and Afib
- Is it worthwhile to wait on that do-not-resuscitate order after brain bleed?
Presence of heart pouch may explain strokes of unknown origin, UCI study finds
- A pouchlike structure inside the heart's left atrial chamber in some people may explain strokes that otherwise lack an identifiable cause, according to UC Irvine School of Medicine researchers.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...