New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Are Heart Surgery Patients Losing Too Much Blood to Tests? - MedicineNet
Heart surgery patients often undergo dozens of blood tests while they're hospitalized, potentially losing half a liter of blood or more over time, a new study reports.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Blood Conservation in the ICU
- When should a patient receive a transfuse of blood? What is an acceptable hemoglobin concentration in an ICU patient and should we use EPO? Summer is a time when the blood banks often h...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Old blood as good as fresh in patients with life threatening illnesses
- Just like milk and many other foods, blood used for transfusions is perishable.
Older Donated Blood Safe for Heart Surgery Patients, Study Finds - MedicineNet
- For patients undergoing heart surgery, using transfused red blood cells stored for 21 days or more is as good as using blood cells stored for 10 days or less, a new study finds.
Preoperative statin therapy for patients undergoing cardiac surgery | Cochrane
- Cardiac surgery can effectively treat patients with heart disease but is associated with a risk ratio for adverse events at the same time. Despite the increasing proportion of patients undergoing c...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!