New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
FDA OKs SynCardia trial for bridge-to-transplant indication – MassDevice
SynCardia Systems said today that it won FDA approval for a clinical trial of its artificial heart as a bridge to transplant for patients with heart failure.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Why does a blood transfusion worsen the outcome for transplant patients?
- Hi everyone. I heard that you should avoid giving blood transfusions where possible in patients who may in the future require, for example a kidney transplant. Why is this? Thanks!
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Transplant surgeon who fast tracked patients is found not guilty of attempted manslaughter
- An organ transplantation surgeon who allegedly manipulated data to make some patients seem sicker than they were so that they could be moved up the waiting list for donated livers has been found no...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more