New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Global CVD Risk Calculator Predicts Risk by Country
Tool could extend risk-based treatment to more low- and middle-income countries.
Help by adding tags...
Epidemiology Statistics Tutorial
- Odds ratio can mislead if a "Common Event" is studied, since it can exaggerate effects. Relative risk is appropriate for randomized control studies and cohort studies.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Adverse effects of statins
- In October last year we published an article by John Abramson and colleagues that questioned the evidence behind new proposals to extend the routine use of statins to people at low risk of cardiova...
Mirapex (Pramipexole) For Parkinson's Treatment May Be Linked To Heart Failure Risk
- Mirapex (pramipexole), a medication used to treat patients with Parkinson's disease, may raise the risk of developing heart failure, the FDA warned today in a public communiqué.
Probability Explained (Quick Math Review)
- Probability Explained (Quick Math Review) Download this and other presentations for FREE from Examville's Study Aids section. View thousands of videos and do...
Beta-blockers at Noncardiac Surgery Up CV Risk in Lower-Risk Cohort
- Patients taking them for uncomplicated hypertension who stay on them during surgery have worse 30-day outcomes, says a Danish national cohort study; the authors say their results are likely general...
Delay in Treatment Intensification Increases CV Risk in T2D
- Waiting to intensify glucose lowering treatment in type 2 diabetics may be associated with an increased risk of macrovascular events.