New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
A brief review of ECMO | EMBlog Mayo Clinic
Author: Rachel Lindor, MD, JD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzESoC2gwk
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
vv-ECMO Gas Exchange | Resus Review
- Gas exchange in vv-ECMO is effected by 4 critical factors. Learn to assess and correct these to maintain adequate oxygenation and CO2 removal.
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
ECMO Side Ports | Resus Review
- Side ports on the ECMO circuit are convenient for hemodialysis but can be broken or cracked which can lead to a catastrophic blood loss.
ECMO Flashlight Test | Resus Review
- Inspecting the ECMO oxygenator for accumulated clot can identify why the circuit has higher pressures and decreased blood flows, and indicate when the circuit should be changed.
ECMO Pump Chatter | Resus Review
- ECMO pump chatter is caused by blood flow limitations from venous side of the ECMO circuit, and is critical to correct for a well functioning system.
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.