New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Keep Emergency for Emergencies? Reframing the basic assumption - CanadiEM
Recently a commercial that asked patients to "Keep emergency for emergencies" went viral. I think it is time we rethink our assumptions about ED patients.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
WHO | Statement on the 4th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The 4th meeting of IHR Emergency Committee was convened to review, in accordance with IHR provisions, whether the event continued to constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Who is able to carry out an Emergency Detention of a patient?
- Using the Mental Health Act (Scotland) 2003: In order to carry out an Emergency detention of a patient is FY2 the most junior position that is able to do this (in conjunction with a mental health ...
WHO | Statement on the 5th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The 5th meeting of the Emergency Committee convened by the WHO Director-General under the International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005 regarding the Ebola virus disease (EVD, or “Ebola”) outbreak in...
Ebola remains an international health emergency, WHO warns
- Despite a significant fall in cases of Ebola virus disease in west Africa the outbreak remains a public health emergency of international concern, the World Health Organization has said.
September 11 leaves legacy of chronic ill health among US emergency medical workers
- The September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 have left a legacy of chronic ill health among emergency medical workers who attended the scene, a study reported in Occupational and Envi...
Mathematical tool could help emergency services deal with Ebola, pandemics
- An evolutionary analysis of public health data during a major disease outbreak, such as bird flu, E.