New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
SGEM#53: Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Epistaxis and Tranexamic Acid)
Guest Skeptic: Dr. Erich Hanel, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at McMaster University and the newest member of the BEEM Dream Team
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- An overview of the anatomy, aetiology and management of epistaxis
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
Is Topical Tranexamic Acid Better Than Nasal Packing for Anterior Epistaxis?
- Is Topical Tranexamic Acid Better Than Nasal Packing for Anterior Epistaxis?
Epistaxis First Aid in the ED
- Here’s a little youtube video on the initial first aid management of epistaxis in the ED, with the easy to use “tongue-depressor nasal-peg”!
Do Patients with Posterior Epistaxis Managed by Posterior Packs Require ICU Admission? - R.E.B.E.L. EM - Emergency Medicine Blog
- Should patients with posterior packs for epistaxis be admitted to the ICU for continuous monitoring due to the risk of life-threatening bradydysrhythmias.
ENT Basics: Epistaxis
- www.facebook.com/Shortsharpscratch to see the whole series! We hope you enjoy our humorous guide to understanding and managing Epistaxis! The video covers th...