New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
In this video Mr Jon Lund demonstrates how to examine the thyroid gland and function. More content can be found on www.surgeryandmedicine.com
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Foundation Doctor - Nevill Hall Hospital
Posted about 8 years ago
Really good, thank you! Just to add, I also like to check for pre-tibial myxoedema & proximal myopathy (ask patient to rise from chair with arms crossed) for completeness.
Medical Student - Newcastle
Posted almost 8 years ago
Excellent video, thanks. However, I was surprised to see such a flagrant disregard for current NHS rules on infection control - bare below the elbows, tie tucked in and no wrist watch! ;-)
Posted about 6 years ago
This video doesn't seem to be working...? Do you have to be a premium member to access it?
Thyroid Gland Examination
- Examination of the Thyroid Gland produced by St Georges University
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Thyroid and Parathyroid Slideshow
- Understand what the thyroid and parathyroid do and get to grips with calcium homeostasis.
- A document covering a selection of topics related to the thyroid
Thyroid Eye Disease
Thyroid Eye Disease
Thyroid Gland - Thyroid Hormones
- A great and visual in-depth talk about thyroid hormones.
Thyroid hormone differential
- As with all of the pituitary axises, the thyroid one is a little confusing when people talk about it but really quite simple when it’s drawn out.
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Bacteria Mind Map
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.