New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Cold sore virus 'treats skin cancer' - BBC News
A genetically engineered version of a virus that normally causes cold sores shows real promise for treating skin cancer, say researchers.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Dr Alastair Buick
Posted about 5 years ago
This is so exciting! Using viruses to treat other diseases. Skin cancer, cystic fibrosis.... what's next!
Hi-tech goggles 'detect cancer cells' - BBC News
- A US trial of hi-tech goggles could reduce the need for secondary operations for cancer patients.
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Cancer virus discovery helped by delayed flight - BBC News
- Bad weather and a delayed flight helped a British doctor discover that a virus could cause cancer.
Skin cancer: Package holidays blamed for rise - BBC News
- The most dangerous form of skin cancer is now five times more common than it was in the 1970s.
Skin cancer warning amid Liverpool sunbed use - BBC News
- Liverpool council wants licensing powers to try to cut the number of young people in the city being diagnosed with skin cancer.
Should doctors be allowed to nap on the job? - BBC News
- Thousands of medical interns in Latin America are sharing pictures of themselves sleeping during their long hours on duty.
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!