New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
CRISPR, the disruptor
A powerful gene-editing technology is the biggest game changer to hit biology since PCR. But with its huge potential come pressing concerns.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
CRISPR-Cas editing of C. albicans holds promise for overcoming deadly fungal infections
- By modifying the CRISPR-Cas genome editing system, Whitehead Institute researchers are now able to manipulate Candida albicans' genome systematically--an approach that could help identify novel...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Genome Editing with CRISPR-Cas9
- This animation depicts the CRISPR-Cas9 method for genome editing – a powerful new technology with many applications in biomedical research, including the potential to treat human genetic disease.
1) CRISPR Cas9 - A Brief Introduction
- CRISPR-cas9 system is a versatile and robust genome editing system with showing success in various model organisms. In this video, you will be introduced to this technology and its various applicat...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases